- Dec 12-15: Workshop & Seminar at Frankfurt University, Germany: Medical Ethics in Healthcare Chaplaincy
- Nov 15: Lecture at Bremen: Anniversary Lecture of the Clinical Ethics Committee of the St. Joseph-Stift: Anerkennung und Verletzlichkeit
- Nov 11: Lecture University of Bochum, Germany
- Oct 16: Lecture: The Catholic Church, Societies, and the Global Climate Crisis – the Path Forward, after the 9:00AM Mass, St. Nicholas Church, Oldershaw Hall
Laudato Si’ Revisited: Where Are We Now? Hille Haker, PhD With the encyclical letter Laudato Si’, Pope Francis has called everyone to “care for our common home”, planet earth. Yet, almost one year after the much applauded Paris agreement on climate change, the concern for the environment is still not very high on the political agenda. What is the path forward for our parish to contribute to the transformation that is necessary — in our personal lives as well as in our communities? Join us for a presentation of Laudato Si’ and a discussion about next steps.
Oct 9: Lecture at Chicago: Ricoeur Conference, Plenary Lecture
Sept 27: Exploring Human Origins, Is Being Human Tied to Being Moral?
7:00 pm – 8:30 pm, Radmacher Meeting Room
Join us for a discussion with three local philosophers about how human beings devised moral codes and how that might separate us from other animals.
Oct 6: Lecture at Uppsala University, Sweden: “Vulnerable Agency”
Sept 21: Panel on Global Security, Loyola University Chicago, Center for Catholic Intellectual Heritage Symposium: Citizenship, public service, and the common good
- International Conference “Ethics and Law”, 53rd Annual Meeting, Societas Ethica (SE), August 18-21, 2016, Chair and Convener
- Australian Association of Philosophy (AAP), Keynote lecture: “Vulnerable Agency: Concepts and Contexts” Monash University, July 3-7, 201
- Catholic Theological Society of America, Justice and Mercy, „Compassion as a Political-Theological Concept: A Re-Interpretation of Mercy and Compassion, June 9-12, 2016
- 4th International McCormick Ethics Colloquium, Healing the Wounds of Violence: How to Understand and Respond to Religious Violence, panel discussion “State Violence and Violence Against Vulnerable Groups: Unaccompanied Children’s Rights and Catholic Responses”, April 18-19, 2016
- The Challenge of God Conference, Response to Richard Kearney’s “What Comes After God? Some Anatheist Reflections”, April 14-17, 2016.
- 2nd Congress of Latin American and German Women Theologians (Teologanda & Aganda), Buenos Aires, March 28-31. Compassion und eine prophetische Ethik des Friedens”; Compasión, profecía de la no violencia y Ética de la Paz”
- Lewis University, March 22, 2016, Signum Fidei Lecture 2016: A new covenant – Responsibility for the Earth, Lewis University, March 22, 2016Lewis University, March 22, 2016
- Climate Change Conference, Loyola University Chicago, “Climate Justice – Path to a Just Future” March 17-19, 2016
- Conference on Climate Change Trinity College Dublin, March 14, Climate Change and Energy Ethics – the contribution of the European Group of Ethics in Science and New Technology (EGE)
- Pontificia Urbana Conference, Rome, „Beyond Individualism: Relationships and Relationality to Rethink Identity, March 8-11, 2016: Transcending Liberalism – Avoiding Communitarianism: Human Rights and Dignity in Bioethics
- Society of Christian Ethics Annual Meeting 2016, Response to Joas’ „The Danger of Self-Sacralization,“ Toronto, January 2016